State Lands Data as a Map Service
Viewing State Lands Map service in ArcGIS
- In ArcGIS 10.x and higher, from the Catalog window, open GIS Servers
- Double click on Add ArcGIS Server
- Select “Use GIS services”.
- For Server URL, enter:
- No authentication is required. Click Finish.
- Open the new GIS Server connection named "arcgis on arcgis.dcnr.nv.gov (user)".
- Select the NV_StateManagedLands map service and drag it over to the map window.
Extracting data using State Lands geodata service in ArcGIS
- Add the State Lands map service using the instructions provided above.
- In ArcGIS, from the Customize menu, select Toolbars, then select Distributed Geodatabase.
- From the Distributed Geodatabase toolbar, click the Extract Data button.
- In the Extract Data Wizard window, extract "Data" using the "Geodatabase" option.
- Select an existing geodatabase.
- Click Next. Then click Finish.
- Open the geodatabase where the files were extracted and add the feature classes to your map.